Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my lady. I feel like I lost part of my soul.

Marandom425

• Members

Me and my boyfriend went to bed earlier than normal on Sept 6th. My older cat meow meows aka "the lady" was extramlly vocal. She had gone through fazese where she would be alone and then never leave us alone. So I figured she was in the never leave us alone faze. She cuddled up to me and then my boyfriend. My other cat stayed in him favorite spot other then under the blankets with us and some times he did that. We tried to get her to love us but she just stayed at the foot of the bed between us. Bed was a little before midnight. I woke up to a crashing noise...a sound I have never hurd my cats make .low..gargling. .wimmper. my boyfriends jumps out of bed.."WHERE'S MEOW MEOWS I CAN'T FIND HER I CAN'T SEE" and as he searches for his glasses I jump out of bed. The lady has always been clumsy for a cat. There is a nightstand type table in front of the window. And I had put my big dreamcheatcher on it after spyro "my male" knocked it down. The closest door swings open to just before table and we had pillows behind the door and wall area there. For safety incase they fell (not a big fall 2 feet not even) but I love my kids. I pull forward the table and my cat was laying back there. She had to have just fell down and caused the crash. I pick her up and put her on the bed..at first I thought her back leg broke, and she wasn't breathing...did her neck snap...eyes wide open and mouth open with her tounge limp..her body limp..i couldnt...he said she was dead. No..no she can't be. I felt her body everywhere. Checked her breath, lifted her head. I picked her up. My meow meows...my lady was gone. I was going to buy them wet food (once a week I did) but we were going to give them bath that day so I was going to give them that after. But she was dead. I can't even handle life right now. I lost my girl. My loving crazy, could walk on a leash for a walk, baby girl. 12 years old. I can't funtion. I've been crying since 8:30 am on the 7th and it's now 4:06 am the 8th. I lost my lady. My spyro lost his "sister". Even though he's been at my side (and my boyfriends) all day the pain is still all to real for me. I have lost friends. But this is the first family member to me I lost. I feel like I lost a child. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I just cry. I miss my girl more then the world and going on seems so hard right now. My boyfriend tells me we can't think about the what ifs, it's done with, She would want us to be happy. And she would..my pretty lady would. But I can't get the images out of my head. Every time I close my eyes that's all I see. I miss my girl. I know even in death she's still with me but I miss her head on head rubbing and kisses (noise to noise) and even her butt in my face. I miss her loud meow and stinky poops. I miss my lady. It's so hard right now. I don't know what to do.

• Members

I know this was a while ago, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in experiencing this kind of grief over he loss of a precious kitty family member. Feel whatever you need to feel. Allow yourself to experience the grief as you need to. Losing a family member is one of the hardest things life can throw at us and that goes for furry family as well. Take care

Archived