Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Growing Up and Getting On Without Them

wamyamy

• Members

Hi :-) 

I'm 22 and when I was 14, I lost my Mum to cancer. I have no siblings, I haven't seen my Father since I was 9 and I live with my Nan. Though my situation is different to all of yours, most of us here have lost someone we love and care about. 

Recently, I've been searching online for a forum or something where teenagers and young adults can discuss with others their age or a bit older, about growing up with out parents or other important figures in our lives. There are many milestones in life where they won't be there for us, and I would also like to see if any of you share similar thoughts about different things. 

Lets see if we can get this topic going. 

If you've got any anxieties or you feel what you're thinking might not be normal, this is the topic you can come to to vent those, and maybe you'll find someone in a similar situation, or that they can make you feel a bit better about it. 

Nice to meet you all, stay strong!

Amy.

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

Amy - I just came across your post about offering help to others with anxiety . I wondered how that is going ? I have something that you can pass along to others . There is no cost or obligation for these materials .

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=we&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=g17&issue=201702&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

I think what you set out to do was very compassionate and loving . I also wanted to offer my support if you would personally like someone to talk with .

Sincerely,

Frances

Archived