Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing him never stops!

Specialk_ab2012

• Members
Specialk_ab2012

We're 3 days shy of my little brothers 8 month angelversary and 10 days shy of what should have been his 18th birthday. I feel like his birthday is going to be the worst of holidays and I'm dreading it so much. I wish we could skip over the entire month of September and just continue forward. I'm still so lost, angry, broken, and so much more. He was my only sibling and my very best friend. I wish so badly that I could just accept it for what it is and get over the hurt, but instead I feel like I live through the very first day over and over again. I don't know where to go from here or what to do. How does life get easier without one of your family links? I don't see how it's impossible!

• Members

Anniversaries are always hard, especially birth dates and angel dates. You get through just one day at a time, little by little. When my brother died, it took time for us to be able to "be a family" because there was always a hole where he should have been. In time, though, it got easier. We all began to accept that our family was still our family, but he was not here physically. I had trouble when people would ask me how many siblings I had. I didn't know how to reply at first, and it felt like I was being slapped whenever someone asked. 

Honestly, it will be tough for awhile. Cry, remember, and try to remember some good things and laugh a little. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived