Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost mom to cancer

Beckymorris

• Members

I lost my mom to cancer 1/16/15. She was my best friend, my entire world. I dropped out of school to take care of her around November of last year, before that I was trying to take care of her and go to school when she was diagnosed in August around her birthday. I miss her more and more everyday. I wish I could've taken better care of her, I wish she was still here. It's getting close to her birthday and life is getting increasingly rough. Mostly I would greatly appreciate taking to people that understand what I'm going through, I feel alone.

• Members

HUGS (((Beckymorris))) ... I am so sorry for your loss.  It sounds like you took good care of your mom and did the best that you could do, even dropped out of school to help her.  I lost my both parents in the past 1 1/2 yrs. and had to go through some significant so called celebrations without them and it was hard.  Christmas, their birthdays, anniversaries, my birthday, Thanksgiving, etc.  These dates aren't the same and never will be without them. I find that the best way for me to get through each of them is that on those specific dates I start the day by being grateful.  As much as it hurts to know that these things won't be the same again, I can recognise that the love between us was special and is something to be truly grateful for.  When I get into grateful mode, the heaviness in missing them so much lightens.  I hope this helps.

Take care and know that you aren't alone.  Grief is a personal thing but in losing my parents I know what it feels like to feel alone and heavy hearted.  That being said, how blessed I was to have them in the first place.

Cindy Jane

Archived