Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

cant get over the loss of my beloved moggy

carolinem

• Members

Hi my name is Caroline and l am really struggling coming to terms with the loss of my beloved moggy Sophie. She came to me as a stray 11 years ago l found her outside my house. She loved indoors at first and wasn't sure whether to keep her indoors but gradually let her out. My street is quiet there is an access road and in no time Sophie would hang about with the other cats in the street. About 18 months ago my husband bought me a minature jack russell we called Oscar. Sophie wasn't sure about him at first but soon grew to love him. Our neighbours would laugh when they saw me taking the dog a walk as Sophie would sometimes follow. On that tragic day l decided to take oscar accross the road to the grassy verge as Sophie nowhere in sight and all of a sudden she darted from under parked cars and was hit by a car. I stood helpless and watched my baby taken from me. The last few days have been torture l keep visualising and crying. I know l should think about the good times and that l had given her a good life.l just hope time is a healer and l can eventually smile when l think about her.

Archived