Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
KonnieM

Talking Helps 08/02/2015 12:27 PM

KonnieM   

Grieving.com newsletter
Grieving.com
Facebook  Twitterwww.Grieving.com

Grieving.com's history in the making...

By ModKonnie

In 1995, Kelly Baltzel, founder and CEO of Beyond Indigo Marketing, started managing the mental health site on American Online (AOL). The 1990s were an exciting decade that opened up incredible opportunities for people to connect to each other through the internet. The new technology allowed people to reach out to others across the globe, and they could even do so anonymously if they wanted. For grieving people, this was powerful and also priceless because no longer were they narrowly limited to a local support group. People could reach out and touch other people who understood their pain and would be willing to listen about their loved one.  There was a drawback, however; finding like- minded people who had similar loss experiences was difficult. Many people turned to the online mental health forum as a way to connect even though it wasn't focused specifically on grieving individuals.

In the meantime, Kelly, who at the time was young, single and had no children, was looking to start own company. Her plan was to stay working at her job but start her company at the same time. She struggled, though, in trying to decide the focus of her own forum company. Grieving.com was born one night after Kelly listened to her dreams and began to trust her daily intuition.

She said, “One night while I was trying to make a decision on what type of company I wanted to forum, I kept feeling a tapping on my shoulder and a whisper in my ear to start an area for grieving people.” She had her doubts about this, though and even considered a site for men’s health. However, after the third night of her indecision, she knew what she needed to do. She said, “I kept feeling tapping and whispering forthree nights. In the middle of the third night, I thought ‘OKAY,’ I will start a site for grieving people. The next morning I cracked open an HTML coding book and set to work.” 

Kelly is adamant she made the right choice, and she reported she has enjoyed every minute of her work for the past 18 years. She said, “I am so glad I listened to that small voice in 1997 and brought this support area to life.” In fact, she has done such a good job with Grieving.com, it was listed for 10 years as “Forbes Best of the Web for Grief Support Forums.” We only stopped winning that accolade when they stopped having it. Currently, the site has grown to more than 53,000 members from around the world, and it continues to be a top site for those who need encouragement and support. A major reason Grieving.com is successful is because of the warmth and caring of its members. All people are welcome at Grieving.com, regardless of race, ethnicity, background, belief system, or location on the globe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make improvements and to help support the forum, we are asking you to help financially. For the last 17 years, we haven’t asked for any assistance. We do not want to make Grieving.com a subscription based area where only those who pay can post, nor do we want to plaster big corporation names in advertising on the forums. Instead, we would rather be a member-supported community. If you can help--whether it's $1 a month or $20--we would appreciate your support. you can find the information to sign up on the forums. 

Thank you so much for your continued support,

The Grieving.com Team. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d like to offer our deepest sympathy and warmest welcome to our newest members. You have come to the right place. There are others here at www.Grieving.com who have experienced similar losses. They will be able to share, encourage and support you. We will be here for you.

© Beyond Indigo®, Kelasan Inc
Click here to unsubscribe

Sign in to follow this