Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hope, Memories - Please share your stories about how you have learned to love a new love again

mgrayce

• Members

Hi All,

I started this new topic because I don't know where to put this post/topic.  This topic is about hope after grieving.  I posted to the young widows forum almost two years ago when I lost Blaine (my sweetie) to suicide/drowing.

For the first time since his death, I visited his grave (some 2000 miles away from where I live) and didn't have an adverse emotional reaction.

I post this out of the fact that we can have hope as we move on...and those memories are cherished of our past loves of our lives, those we have lost, etc...

My story of hope is that I have found someone who Blaine would approve of who I am spending my life with until I leave this planet, or he does.  We are amazing together and somehow I can see Blaine (as well as my dad, who passed away the same week) smiling and raining blessings down upon the two of us! 

So, with that being said,  Please share your stories of hope how you have learned to love again if you are a widow/widower in a new love relationship.   Meanwhile, my desire is that this topic gives hope to those who have newly lost a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend or partner...

Peace,

M. Carter

PS: I won't be back again for a very long time... but will check in every now and then.  This community has helped me sooo much during the hardest times of grief. Hope the reunion is a hit!

Archived