Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1st anniversary of my sister's murder

Aya

• Members

On August 1,2014 my baby sister was tragically taken by a monster. We weren't raised together but found each other 20 years ago and became very close. I still can't believe she is gone. Out 8 siblings we looked the most alike. I do okay most of the time. But there are times when I can't breathe from missing her.

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of your sister. I'm sure as the anniversary approaches, you are struggling, but we can be here to help. Do you talk to your other siblings or anyone about how you feel? 

Perhaps you could write a letter to her telling her how much you miss her and anything else you'd like to tell her. Many people find this activity healing. Or, perhaps you could light a candle in her honor and play her favorite song as a special memorial. I know it's so difficult, but some people find it soothing to create memorial activities in honor of their loved ones. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My condolences on the anniversary of the death of your dear loved one, though time passes the feeling of emptiness, is always a song, smell, or thought away From us. Death is so unnatural, that is why we grieve so hard. Did you know that there is more to life, then just living for a short period of time, growing old and then dying.

I would like to share an enlightening scripture, that provides hope for us now, and in the future..it's Rev 21:3,4 "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4: And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

What a promise! ! Can this really happen, a time when suffering, pain, and death are no more? To learn the thrilling truth about this an other bible based promises, please click on the following link... http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-the-truth/1102008390/

May you find peace, and happiness

Archived