Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lulu.Rose93

• Members
Lulu.Rose93

Today marks a year that I lost my little brother. He was taken tragically by an ATV accident just a week before I was going to have my wedding celebration.

While most were sleeping, I was awake crying for you. When I should have been resting for the next day, my mind was like a car on a race track. My eyes hurt, and head was pounding, but you were all I could think about.

It's been a year but I remember like it happened just yesterday. The last time we spoke the night before you were taken from us, you had just gotten your first tattoo of your son's name on your neck. Proud as can be all you could do was point at it and say "look Lu, look!!"

I still have my days that I get angry, so angry I bawl my eyes out that you were taken from us just a month after you turned 19. I hurt mostly for the fact that your boy won't be able to have you physically on earth.

I just have to remind myself that you live through signs, animals, reminding me of memories. I especially love when my nephew says daddy and talks gibberish and tells you stories.

If anyone can relate, how was your first year on your angelversary?

• Members

Hello Lulu,

I am so sorry for your loss, it must've been so hard for you especially a week before your wedding.

I lost my little brother too, to a car accident, he was 18. (April 2014)

He was my only sibling and I barely had any support, everybody was sorry for my mother because it's so hard for a mother to lose her child, it so unnatural but nobody thinks about how unnatural it is for a sister to lose her baby brother.

My angelversary was actually the beginning of my grieving process since I had no chance to react to my brother's loss in time.

Do you have any support system?

• Members
Hoffman2013

Nassili-

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my brother almost a year ago (Aug. 2014). I barely had any support too. People focused on my mother, as did I, and did not acknowledge my loss. I just lost my mother to cancer a week before Mother's Day this year. The pain is too overwhelming and I now have professional help. My grieving process has just started as well. I'm finally able to wrap my head around what happened. I found How To Go On Living When Someone You Loves Dies helpful. It does discuss the loss of a sibling. Honestly, my brother's death (as well as my mother's) is still not completely real to me. 

Lulu-

My heart aches for you. August will be the one year since my brother's death. I lost my dad 7 years ago. I promise it will get easier (I tell myself that every day as if I don't believe it). But, it will. Then one day it will hurt again like it just happened. With time, I have more happy days then sad. I find telling stories and talking about Dad brings a smile to my face rather than tears. I wish I could speak more about grieving a sibling, but I don't have much insight into it. I've lost my Dad, Mom and brother and each death has affected me in very different ways. I'm so glad you find peace with your nephew. I'm sure your love for your brother will be passed on to him through you.

lots of love,

-Sarah

• Members

Nassilia,

It was super difficult! I almost didn't go through with the wedding. But I realized that he wouldn't have wanted me to do that. His funeral was the day before my rehearsal dinner.

I'm sorry for your loss, that's not fair that you didn't have anyone to turn to. Joey wasn't my only sibiling, I have 2 older 1/2 siblings that I love just as much as full ones. His passing brought all of us closer as a family more than ever before.

If you ever just need to vent or talk just message me on here.

Sarah,

In time the pain has gotten a little easier. I don't know how I would be getting through this time without my nephew. Of course, he always talks to his spirit. I'll make sure I always tell him about his daddy.

Sorry for your loss of your father, mother, and brother!!

Much love to you.

Archived