Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my beautiful little scamp

Limmbo

• Members

We went out friday night at 1900 and came back at 23:30 to find my little boy laying on the sofa screaming in pain. He couldnt move his rear end at all. After rushing him to the vets we were told he had a blood clot which has cut the circulation of to his back legs and it was so severe that there really wasnt anything they could do. My partner couldnt go to the back to be with him as they put him to sleep so i did, and as knelt down next to him hugging,stroking and telling him how much we loved him, and that the pain would be gone soon this 16 stone trucker became a sobbing mess. He finally rested his head on my arm shortly after the injection and then he was gone. Thing is now im still a mess, cant think straight, barely eating anything, heart continually aching just wishing i could have my baby boy back. makimg it worse is the fact that misses is going through the same thing but also getting upset when i break down evert two minutes putting her through even more upset. Then the final straw is i look at my other two cats now and feel nothing towards them, this cant be right can it?

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your baby boy, Limmbo. I know the pain that you are going through. It's hard when you have to put them to sleep and having them die in front of you. I've had several dogs die on me over the years. Limmbo is with you spiritually and will always be in your heart. 

He is not just a cat but, part of the family. Your friend as well. They love you unconditionally. I used to pour my problems to my dogs. They don't talk back but just listen to you.

You will be okay as time passes. Just take it one day at a time.

**HUGS**

• Members

Dear limmbo

I have lost one of my cats this week..after a short illness. Its been far more traumatic than I thought possible. Everything makes me cry...I'm hiding away from family and friends, going through the motions...because nothing feels right now he's gone.

I still have another cat and I love her dearly...yet the intensely strong emotions I'm experiencing have made me struggle to feel anything towards her since he passed. Its like my dead cat mattered more...which couldn't be further from the truth.

Our minds play horrible games on us in grief xxx

Archived