Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Take heart about your loss....some solace

LovingBuddy

• Members
LovingBuddy

I recently lost my Buddy, well, three days ago.....we're all here on this forum because we loved our "children", our companions, our friends.....it's devastating....I'm a wreck....

In 2001, my wife and I lost our wonderful "son" Larry, our beautiful kitty, who had cancer....he was 10 years old, and, like how all of you feel about your kitty, Larry was very special to us....we had one of those mobile vets come by and, while I held him, he went "to sleep" in my arms....

I bring this particular loss up for one reason, to bring whatever hope or soothing you can find in my words....

Larry was gone on Saturday....the next day, because we were so depressed and distraught, we slept in....I was sort of asleep, sort of awake, thinking of what had taken place the day before....when something happened....

Larry would always jump up on the corner of the bed closest to the door/hallway, and he would then walk over my wife's back legs, and then he would walk over to me and sleep/lay himself next to me.....that was his routine....Sunday morning, we are both laying there, when I felt "something"....I felt Larry's routine of jumping onto the bed, and then the pressure and change of the bedcover as he walked over my wife...and then I felt him moving toward me, feeling each of his footsteps as he came over to me, and then just "stood there" by me....I'm sure my eyes bulged out...and I sat up in bed quickly....not only did I sense his presence right next to me, like he was on the bed, as usual, but I saw impressions in the bed cover where he "stood"...and then the feeling faded away and was gone....my wife, who had been laying there facing away from me, asked me, "Did you just feel that?"....I said, yes, that I had....she then sat up in bed too....I asked her what she felt....."I felt like Larry was on the bed and walked across to you, I felt his feet on my legs"....and I said, I felt the same thing, and told in detail what I had sensed and observed....we just sat there, and then we both said at the same time, "Larry was just here letting us know he's okay....", and we both knew that he exists and came by one last time to say goodbye....

I swear to this....this happened...and we know that Larry is waiting for us....as well as Lucy, Sophie, Chub and now Buddy, all who are gone....they all exist in another place and will be there for us when we ourselves pass from this place....

All of us are hurting beyond description....and this is the only substantive thing I could say that might have some meaning to you.....I am sorry for your loss....your "loved" ones aren't here with you, but they are there....waiting....loving you.....

• Members

LovingBuddy,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Larry. Your description of your experience is awesome! I think it's great that Larry let you know he's okay. 

ModKonnie

Archived