Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ginger girl

trappedinmymind

• Members
trappedinmymind

I rescued a dog from a shelter. She was my first shelter dog but not my first rescue. I got her the last day of September and took her to the vets for a check up. She was suppose to be a puppy. The vet told me she was over a year old, no big deal I had her spayed the next day. The following week I take her back to the vet because she wasn't eating. A chest xray to find out she had pnemonia. Two days later I had to rush her back to the vet. She was having seizure after seizure. Found out she had something wrong with her that she had before the shelter adopted her to me and that there was nothing at that point they could do to save her. So I had to make the tough decision to put my sweet girl to sleep. I only had her for a little while but she touched so many people. My niece is special needs and she loved that dog to pieces. I think it was the hardest on her.

• Members
Justbreathe

I'm so sorry. My dog,Bear,was 15 & just had a seizure one night that wouldn't stop. It's horrible, but you did the right thing.

Archived