Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Fighting cousins

annbabygurl

• Members
annbabygurl

Before i get to the reason i am postimg.. Let me start from the beginning...I have a cousin I had not seen in a long time yet she was very dear to me.. Whome I have loved since I was a kid. She was always a favorite of mine and I loved her family but they moved and I didn't get to see them for years and this made me so sad. My cousin didn't talk to me either.. Even at family get togethers this made me upset but what could I do? So I hoped maybe time would tell.

Then I find out after the fact that her mom died.. I was very upset... It was bad enough I never got to see them and then to suddenly find out she passed away. No one told me. So I was upset about it..so I had said I was upset and to make matters worse.. I wasn't going to be able to go to the funerqak because I had no car or money to pay someone to take me. My cousin blew up.. Called me rude for being upset about not being told. I was sad she was gone and I expressed my sympathy and all too.. And then she goes on to use my own mother's funeral against me.

My mama had passed away before her sister ( my cousins mama) and she was able to come to the funeral. I however unlike her I didn't have the means to go. So now she tells me I am no family of hers and won't talk to me and hasn't since. I recently tried again to tell her I was sorry but she is being totally childish just like she always has been no matter what I say to her....even after a long time after her mother's passing. What should I do?

• Members

annbabygurl, I'm sorry it's upsetting to you. You've tried time and again to apologize and reach out to her and she continues to ignore you. For her to say that you're no family of hers is the last thing you would want to hear. 

It happened to me years ago. All of a sudden, one day, our cousins were not on speaking terms with us. We tried calling them and they didn't answer the phone. We went to their house and they didn't open the door. We had no idea what caused it. We certainly didn't say anything that caused this to our cousin whole family. We told one our relatives and she suggested to just leave it alone. One day they will come around. Sure enough, there was no contact and we left them alone...until one day, they called us.

Maybe you should try the same. Wait. 

Archived