Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Dad Earlier Today

musicwiz97

• Members
musicwiz97

Good day,

My name is Malik and i am 18 years old. Im new to this site, as I was looking for a support group. Today has been a shocking day and I still cant believe that my father has died. He died 11 am this morning here where I live in Bermuda. He did have pneumonia which came after a bad cold progressed while being in the hospital previously. My dad has been through a lot. In 2004 he tore his aorta artery, and ever since, the operation was  a challenge on his health. We've been in and out of hospitals and recently, in January, my mother and him flew out to Lahy clinic where he undergoed an operation to remove aneursyms that had formed in his aorta. This whole experience has been a tasking and stressful period for me and my mother as I live with no other siblings. My brother lives abroad and my sister lives somewhere else in Bermuda. 

My dad was my main inspiration when it came to music. Being a musician himself, and having past experiences and knowledge in the music business/industry, he showed me a lot of things and gave me a lot of advice in regards to playing and developing as an artist. No one knew me better, and my potential better than my father; he knew when I wasnt playing my best and where I needed work and he also knew every reason for my shortcomings and was there to pick me up when I was down or in trouble musically, and period.

We also shared a love for football, and we watched several games on TV over the years of Manchester United. He loved Manchester City, especially a special player named David Silva.

Moving on from this experience, is going to be rough, but I am seeking help from anyone who is willing to offer support and guidance during this period of time.

Thank you

• Members
sad&lonely

Sorry to hear of your loss. My mother passed away very suddenly just over 1 month ago. It is so hard losing a parent, I know,y dad died 3 years ago.

Remember the good times, its what keeps me going.

X

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My deepest condolences, to lose a family member to death is a very emotional,and devastating event. To think that you may never hear their laughter, or see their smile ever again is such a sobering thought.When I lost my mother,what gave me comfort was the promise that Jesus made at John 5:28,29 which reads "Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29: and come out.." this scripture promises that we will see our dead loved ones again!! Can this really happen? The bible gives many example of this taking place, in fact do you know that when he was on earth Jesus raised many from the dead? Please click on the attached link and find spiritual, and emotional relief, as you examine this and many more bible based promises.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-the-truth/1102008390/

• Members
i dont know

Hey. I'm 14 and my dad died June 4th at 4:25ish in the afternoon.

My dad understood and shared my love for art, and he knew my work the best. He helped me and encouraged me, and he critized me too.

I understand how you feel. 

Although my dad's death was from Lung Cancer that spread to pretty much every single other organ in his torso, he had a large tumor near his lymph node so his voice was different- scratchy like he had a permanant loss of voice. He had a blood clot in his left leg, a broken left hip, pneumonia, and several bloodclots on his left side of his chest, our right looking at him.

I didn't expect him to die when he did though. A part of me always thought he'd be here, even after he was sick, even after he was told he'd only have a few hours.

If you ever need to talk, you can message me.

Archived