Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing the fight

Frillus

• Members

I'm 23 years old. My dad is 53. His birthday is one day after mine. We look alike, share similar interests and hobbies. I've always been daddy's little girl. He has liver disease. End stages. They say that he won't be getting a liver. He's low priority. He sleeps all day. He become very confused often. He's precoma. We all know he doesn't have longer left. Everytime he goes into the emergency room he has already died a bit in my heart. The suffering and agony he is facing as am I. I'm told that I'm what makes him happy. That I'm all he cares about. That's a lot of weight on me. I feel alone. No one my age that I know relates to what I'm going through. Watching him suffer is so hard.

• Members

Frillus,

I am so very sorry you are having to go through this. Do you have other family members? I will never forget how horrible it was watching my father die. One thing I learned was that he just wanted to spend time with his children, so we definitely spent as much time with him as we could in his final days. 

Just be there for your dad, and know that he will always love you no matter what, and you will always be able to keep loving him no matter what! 

ModKonnie

• Members

My father passed away on June 1st. He had seizures, a blood infection and eventually went into a coma. He fought for hours until he eventually died.

• Members
rlolheiser

Frillus.. I am so sorry your dad had to leave, it isn't easy for anybody and your young age makes it even harder.  I hope you take care of yourself for your dad, he would want that after all your still his little girl and love is still there even though you aren't able to see him.. reach into your heart and feel him.  Thinking of you in the days to come and pray you strength on your journey.

• Members
Welsh_lasskatie

I am so sorry to hear that. Have you got friends you can talk to who will just be able to listen to you? Failing that maybe speak to your GP if you are struggling

Archived