Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

At a loss with important life changes

Nbobbette

• Members

My mom passed in December. We were very close and I feel really lost. I recently had my 25th birthday and same week I found out I'm pregnant. I feel like I need my mother more than ever right now. I've seen the support that my mom had given my brother with their kids i feel robbed from having her to talk to or ask questions. I'm really scared and wished she was here to guide me through this pregnancy.

• Members

HUGS, I am so sorry for your loss.  One thing is certain, you are going to feel lost for awhile but I really believe that you will get through this difficult time.  You've been blessed with a baby soon to come, and I am sure that your dear mom is well aware of that where she is right now.  In my heart I believe that your mom will be with you every step of the way because of how close you've been.  She will be your guide through this in those quiet moments when the tears flow ... she will be there with you at the ultra sounds, the doctor appts., and all that you go through from this day on. Our loved ones are embedded deep into our hearts and never leave us.  Then one day, when it is our turn to go ... we are reunited with all of those who have gone before us.  All we can do is be the best people we can be while we are here and look forward to the day when we see our loved ones again.

Take care

Cindy Jane

• Members

Dear Nbobbette,

I'm truly sorry for your loss, for what is worth! I lost my dearest mom in Dec/13, and I miss her more and more every day that goes by because we were extremely close & always supported one another. I know u miss ur mom very deeply and even more so now that u have found out that u r pregnant. However, she is with u in spirit and will guide u through this wonderful process until you give birth and beyond. She's still with u even if u cannot see her or feel her. Talk to her in ur head & speak to other women in your family, like aunties and cousins perhaps? What about your grandmother? What about any female friends? Are there any support groups for grieving new mothers where u live? What about ur mother in law, if u have one, or any sisters in law?

I know nobody can replace ur mom or my mom, or love us in the same way that they did, but we need to find ways to help ourselves with whatever tools exist on this earth, for I'm sure that's what our moms would wish.

I don't know if u have any spiritual beliefs, and if u exercise regularly. I do, and those things have really helped me through these months. However, I still miss my mom every single day, and have got no choice but continue to live as best I can, one day at the time.

It will be very hard not to have ur mom through ur pregnancy, but it'll also be amazing when u hold ur baby in ur arms, and through him u will feel very close to ur mom, emotionally and spiritually.

Is ur partner giving u enough support through the extremely difficult grieving process? I sincerely hope so.

Please tell us about ur mom when u feel like it, and please keep coming back here for support and to let us know how u r doing. Last year, quite a few ladies who were pregnant or had recently given birth & who lost their moms posted on this forum. Perhaps u could search by topic & read their posts & contact one of them for support?

In any case, we r here to listen and provide what support we can online, and we do understand, for we r all on the same boat!!!

Warm regards,

Trish

Archived