Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my son Brad

bradsdad

• Members

I am new here to BI, I lost my 23 year old son Brad 6/29/05. He was killed in a automobile accident with 2 other boys on Hwy 53 in Gulfport, MS. This has been the hardest two and a half years of my life. Just after that happened Hurricane Katrina came through 8/29/05 and devestated everything and everyone. Then my 74 year old mother crossed over 9/26/05. So, it has been very difficult to keep a positive attitude towards living what is left of my life. The only thing that has giving me hope is that my daughter just gave birth to my first grandson Jayden 6/26/07. I beleive that is God blessing us for the horrific blows my family has endured. I feel Brad and my Mom around me at times and I know without a doubt, dealth is not the end. We simply shed our bodies and live in spirit.  I am so sorry for everyone here because we are all going through the different stages of grief. Not a day goes by without tears and memories pouring threw my mind. To have to live my life without my son is so depressing. I am so glad I found this site, nobody talks to me about my loss and I need to talk.

• Members

Bradsdad, it is very hard to get through life after such a loss, but one is able to in time, it took me many years, but here lately I have been feeling much better.

Kirk was 17 when he was killed in a car wreck, it has been over 7 years and there isn't an hour that goes by that I don't think about him. It isn't as painful as it was in the beginning, as a matter a fact I can think about him fondly instead of feeling the pain. I have one daughter also, she is getting married in January of next year. The young man she is engaged to has a little boy that reminds me a lot of Kirk. There are moments now that I feel very sad, but those moments keep getting further apart. It isn't because I don't miss Kirk, I miss him very much, it is just that I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can be done and Kirk would want us to live on and make sure he is not forgotten. He will never be forgotten and that gives me a lot of comfort.

I also get a little upset when people don't want to talk about him, but we surround ourselves with people that loved him and know that we are not hurt by him being mentioned. This is so hard, but life is really worth living. I hope for the day that my daughter has her first child, she is ready, and so are we. This is a good place to come and let loose some of the feelings that we go through. This site got me through some very horrible times. There are wonderful people that post here. Jim

• Members

Bradsdad ~ My heart goes out to you in the loss of your dear son, Brad. I, too, lost my daughter, Lori, in an automobile accident. She was 34 years old. It's been three and a half years now and I didn't think I could ever survive this kind of loss, but it is gradually getting better. I seem to be able to focus more on the good times we shared together. I'm glad that you found this wonderful site. There is a lot of love and support here at BI and you are always welcome to read/post anytime you need to. Take care. Patty

Archived