Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

depression for the loss of dogs

vishal4nw

• Members

August 26 2014 I lost my dog 'King' and then January 24 2015 I lost my other dog 'Brandy' who is also kings mother. I've been devastated since 'King' died but now 'Brandy' died too. My world is shattered I dont want to live anymore.

Im so lost I miss my dogs everyday. Im on antidepressants to try to help with my suffering but it helpt at first but that time has past the shock of never seeing my dogs again hurts even more. I know alot of people think im mad going crazy over dogs but they was my life. I was single didn't have a girl friend so I pretty much spent alot of my time with friends and my dogs. Now im both dogs are gone and im lonely and im not sure how to live now :(

• Members

Hi vishal4nw. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Your dogs must have been very special. I understand how you are feeling. I lost my furbaby, a cat who was my baby for 13 years, last December. I still am sad.Scientists have actually proven that petting and caring for an animal lowers your blood pressure, because there is an unconditional bond there. I walked around in a strange state for days after I had to rush my baby in to the vet clinic and watch him be put down . It has never been to my advantage to love animals more than people.My inlaws do not understand this and looked at him like he was garbage. I would have had the needle go into my arm instead of his to have him come home. Seeing him lying in the vet clinic incubator with IVs in him and watching while the vet rushed the needle into him was horrible.I was walking home bawling down the street. I still can not make a scrapbook of him, because I have to look through pictures.I still cry when I pass his basket and toys. His bowls are still in the cupboard. I understand what you are feeling now.

• Members

im also sorry to hear of your loss because I know u going through the same thing I am. no one will understand that pain. I am really sorry. life is unfair like this and wish it wasn't. I know what u mean by looking at their photos and crying it happens to me to. its sad. I am also sorry for what u going through :( that we share this pain.

• Members
Justbreathe

They are in a beautiful place because love never dies. Mine are there too. It is not our time to join them yet, we must learn our lessons first. There are so many dogs needing your love. Show King & Brandy honor by loving another dog in need. That's one of our lessons, to love & keep loving! I will pray for you!

• Members

Visha14nw, I'm so sorry for you loss of King and Brandy. I've had several dog die on me years ago and took it real hard. They are not just dogs. They are your best friend. They are family. I currently have a chihuahua dog that I absolutely adore. Dogs are there for you. They love unconditionally. They listen to your problems. You tell them something and they won't give you back smack.

When the time is right, get another dog so you won't have to be lonely. King and Brandy can never be replaced. Take care of yourself.

May

• Members

Thanks mayMW and justbreathe and everybody here for your support it does mean the world to me that you care. Yeah I'm still lonely. I still cry for them. Its hard living life without the them all I can do for now is keep busy. Still I'm glad to meet everyone of you. Cause u know my pain what I'm going through so thank you for your comfort and hope that you'll to find peace for what ever you been through.

• Members

visha14nw, you are most welcome!

My dogs kind of look like your beautiful angels. I saw them in your blog. Mimi and Kiki died a week apart. They were healthy. The vet said that Mimi died from spider bite. Kiki died (we think) because she wanted to be with her best friend and playmate. They couldn't find anything wrong him. So, I know exactly what you're going through. People tell me that it's just a dog. No, it's not just a dog! They are my Babies.

I just recently joined this website because I needed all the support I can. My mom just recently died from a massive stroke. I can express my feelings and just let it all out here. I'm so glad I joined.

• Members

So sad to learn about your loss. I can imagine how hard it is. Life is never the same without our furry friends. They gave unconditional love. Be courageous

• Members

Hey shavina thanks for ur comforting words always helps, when people care like you do. Yeah it hard, it sucks sometimes. I miss them everyday. Its still hard, but all I can do is remember them the best I can.

Archived