Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling very sad since losing the most loving cat in the world

seattlepoet

• Members
seattlepoet

Hello everyone.

I want to thank all those who have posted.  I am sorry I do not have the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual energy to respond to your posts.  But in my heart, I feel a deep kinship with all of you.  I want to thank you for being here.  I just do not know what to do.  I tried to explain my grief to strangers today b/c I did not want to be at home, and I did not feel like explaining my grief to those I know, so it just seemed safer to be around strangers. 

I did not realize that watching the death of my cat (He was humanely euthanized by the vet after she said that he had severe kidney failure adn he was dying and after warning us that it might be tough and after my husband and i discussed it thoroughly).  I am a caring and sensitive person. I feel so anxiety ridden, I do not know what to do and I was wondering if the death of anyone else's pet out there made you feel the way I am feeling now...like sad about everything...or made whatever you were sad about before the cat died a million times worse...Doogie was an Orange Maine Coon and was very, very loving and special and I am frankly beyond heartbroken.

• Members
emerald1978

Hi There,

I too had to Euthanize my cat about 2.5 months ago. She had terminal cancer and in the end it was incredibly hard for her. I made the judgement call to bring her in. It was the most excruciating experience that I've been through. I had my baby for 16.5 years and was to close to her as is she was my own child. I thought she might have just died at home but as days went on I seen her in pain more and more. She tried to be as normal as possible but despite everything you still seen the pain. I remember waking up that day and just watching her non-stop and it just felt like I was giving her a death sentence. Bringing her in I just cried and cried through the whole process. It's been 2.5 months since she has gone and I still think of her non-stop every day and her death still bothers me. I have a feeling that will never go away but maybe just lessen as time goes on. What you are feeling is normal you just have to go through the emotions and let yourself grief your pet. What has helped me is to make a tribute for my cat. At the moment I've got my cats ashes on a table with pictures, her toys, and flowers. In the summer I'm going to scatter her ashes and do a bit of a celebration of life. Hoping this will give me closure. So find someway to honour your pets life in your own way as it too will give you some peace and closure. Your pet would want you to be happy...they always do!

Archived