Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

missing my beloved cat

Keloray

• Members

My darling Zoe was only nearly 7 and she passed away last night. I came home from work and she was in pain. Severe anemia I'm told. I am absolutely devostated she was my life. She kept me sane and happy. I just don't know how to cope now. I am moving house in 2 weeks which is kinda a blessing as this house has so many memories. Can anyone tell me how to cope? I can't eat or sleep.

• Members
Lauracoping

Hi I don't know if it will help but all I can do is relate to you. I don't know how to cope with grief because this is my first and most unbearable grief imaginable.

I lost ruby last week. I was told there was no helping her her kidney s were shutting down and I had to let her go . Her symptoms were not obvious and even though I had her at vets four times in one yr with same symptoms they never tested her kidneys and she was diagnosed and died with a week.

I am devastated she was my love and my family.

I don't know how to cope i'm sorry I can't advise you because i am desperatly looking for help myself.. but I can relate to you . So sorry for your loss x

• Members
pantheraleo1974

Hi

I am so sorry for your losses keloray and lauracoping. I lost my cat too. Just yesterday. How I am trying to cope is reading posts and seeing other people are in the same boat as me. Knowing I am not alone. I don't know if you believe in afterlife but I do and its really comforting to me to picture my cat as he was before all the pain and sickness hit him. I picture him doing all the things he loved like lounging in the sun and running around in the grass. Still I want him with me. I am crying more for me than for him. I think (from past losses) that we need time to build up some memories that dont include our lost loved ones. As for how to cope in the moment...I wish I knew.

Archived