Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat Molly died today

MrLuge

• Members

Molly was a wonderful cat that I got from the humane society 7 years ago. Playful like a dog and always eager to cuddle. She died suddenly tonight while I was playing with her. All I could do was pet her and tell how much I loved her while she took her last breaths. She wasn't my first choice at the HS but was so adorable that I couldn't resist. The vet at her initial chek-up mentioned a heart murmur and I suspect her underlying heart condition caused her death. This loss is especially hard because I am also preparing for my Mother's death. She has stage 4 lung cancer and is living at a CBRF. Unfortunately she was visiting my apartment tonight and experienced Molly's death as well. I visit my Mom everyday and Molly was my reason to go home, go shopping, and I think her companionship helped with my depression over my Mothers prognosis. Mom loved Molly as well and is devastated. I dread going to bed tonight and not being woken up by Molly's early morning cuddle time. I miss her so much!

• Members

MrLuge,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious Molly. I am also sorry about the struggle you and your mother must be experiencing. I know it's no help now, but in time, the pain will get better. For now, just feel free to cry and do what feels right to grieve. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thank you for your kind words. Brought Molly over to the vet this morning for cremation. Adds a little closure and eventually my memories will bring a smile to my favorite face rather than a tear to my eye. Thanks again.

post-402655-0-87002900-1425908654_thumb.

Archived