Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My cat died a month ago. It feels like I haven't seen or pet her in years.

Deeders

• Members

I am so unbelievably sad. Every time I think I am doing okay, I picture her dead and realize I will never see or cuddle her again. I miss Pigeon so much! It's so hard at night or when I walk into a room or around a corner and expect her to be there for a split second before I remember, and it hurts all over again. I feel so bitter. My sister has a cat that is 18 and my baby was only 7 .Part of me thinks that it should of been the old cat, which makes me feel and immense amount of guilt. I actually don't want the other cat to die, I want my kitty back , but if I had to choose I would not have chosen Pigeon to die. I feel like a terrible person for having these thoughts. Does it ever get better???

• Members

It does get better. I am so sorry about the loss of your precious Pigeon. I've had cats die at 15 and cats die as babies. I have no clue as to why they die when they die; I guess it's not up to me to know when....

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived