Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

EXTREMELY suicidal!!

INeverKnewLoveUntilIMetHim

• Members
INeverKnewLoveUntilIMetHim

I have been in this VERY dark, mental space for over a month now, and it has become severe. I went to see my Psychologist today... I filled out the "how have you been for the past 2 weeks" form. I was very honest in my answers... my Psychologist thought that it was a good idea to drop/refer me to someone else, in the middle of my crisis. After letting her know that her behavior was unethical, I agreed that I should be dropped, especially since she is willing to drop me at such a vulnerable time in my life. Needless to say, that event has done nothing but exacerbate my depression.

• Members

Hi, I'm sorry you've found yourself here. I know only too well what that dark place is like and the feeling of helplessness and like there is nothing left to live for. Something has to change. When you are at the bottom there is only one other way you can go. Do you have a lot of support? Can you see another psychologist / counsellor? It's very important to get help. Can your friends / family help in anyway? I didn't have the support that I needed. I've had to become thick skinned and realised its up to me because I have been shown that I can't rely on others. If I can't do it, it'll be the end of me.

Has your psychologist justified her reasons for dropping you? Maybe your situation was too much for her to deal with in a way that was best for you. How long were you seeing her for?

Please don't give up. There will come a day where you see some sunshine.

• Members

Wow! I hope that she at least connected you to someone else right away!   If not, please know that there are crisis lines and even urgent care that can help you if you are not finding your way out of your dark place.   Please reach out to get help from someone who is able to support you through this.   As Plimsole said, please don't give up!

Archived