Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my wife today

Spmhealy

• Members

15 years together...finally got married 4 months ago. Im 35 she was 33

We have a 13 year old son..

I found her unresponsive and it was to late.

She was my rock, my best friend.

I'm lost.

I was the carefree joker "fun dad" and she was the family anchor.

She kept are finances in order, she kept this family together, on schedule, she was the strongest woman I ever knew.

She never had to say sorry to me, cause she never messed anything up.

I dont know what to do..I just needed to find a forum to vent. Im lost its unfair..she was to young..she was to strong.

HOW CAN A 13 YEAR OLD BOY LOSE HIS MOTHER!!! HOW CAN SHE BE GONE!!!HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW

• Members

Im a so sorry. I hope you find some peace soon. We all are going through it too.All you can do is grieve and take on day at a time. Im so so sorry this happened to you and your boy.

• Members

So sorry for your loss, come here and vent whenever you like, everyone here understands your pain.

It can also be helpful to join a local group to express your feelings to those who know.

Peace and hope.

• Members

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

The first week after my loss, I was so numb that I was actually able to be productive. It was the second week, once the funeral was done, that all hell broke looose emotionally.

I really encourage you to use this first week to get some outside help lined up...friends and family who can stay a while, a grief counselor for you and your son, etc.

How is your son holding up?

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife.  You are just starting out on the worst journey of your life.  Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but the next two years is going to be hell for you.  I really think that the most important thing for you to do right now is really try to take inventory of all the things that she did and what she taught you in regards to those things.  You are going to have to fill her shoes now so to speak.  Whenever I have to tackle what was my "Husbands job" I can literally hear him in my mind, instructing me and telling me that I know how to do this.

• Members

There are no words that will do justice to what has happened to you.   Please just be kind to yourself, you will find your way.  Lean on people here, in your life that can help you and your son through.   I am a list junkie and have found that making a list then breaking it into only a couple of things to do per day helps me to not feel too overwhelmed by all the things that need to be done.    Just focus on the must do's and take one day at a time.

Archived