Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Put to sleep today

PowderMom

• Members

My 14 year old baby reached the end today. I rescued him 12 years ago and with the exception of the past 2 years, he has lived a healthy, good life. He has had diabetes that left him in bad shape. Every day was painful to watch without the power to make his life better. Something in his eyes, the way he stared deeply into mine with such emotion as if he were saying 'mom, please do something'. So, I wasted no time getting him in today. The vet let me know how fatal his situation was, that if I were to take him home it would most likely be a matter of weeks before a crisis set in and he would pass painfully and in fear. So, even though my head tells me this was the absolute right decision, my heart is ripping out of my chest. Being home tonight is so incredibly painful without him. When I rescued him I NEVER dreamed of the pain this day would bring. I just can't stop crying. I know this was a blessing, that I could send him home peacefully without fear or tragidy. I feel so sad and lost without him. I can't believe he is actually gone...I won't be able to ever hold him, hear him talk as he does...etc. He has been a part of my life for so long, my sweet baby. At least he is not suffering anymore, he is his little kitten self playing.

• Members

Dear Powder Mom,

I understand your pain. Just 4 weeks ago I had lost one of my foster kittens. He had to be put down, due to FIP just right after 1 ½ weeks after he had found a forever home. I was devastated and sad with grief, and to be honest I am still very sad about the fact that he had to be put down.

This morning, just 4 weeks after I lost my foster baby, I found out that my 16 year and 5 months old cat died.  Currently I am away for training, and wasn’t able to return back home until this Friday Feb 13th. Yesterday my boyfriend had to bring my cat to the vet and this morning I found out that she had passed away. I feel terrible that I could not return home to be with her and felt stuck here. I feel awful  that I wasn’t there for her when she needed me the most, and feel sick to my stomach with guilt.

As I said earlier, I understand, and will keep you in my prayers.  Maybe you can do the same for me.........and we can help each other to deal with this pain.

In loving memory of my little Kitty Salem

R.I.P. Little Salem, 30 August 1998 till 11 Feb 2015 – I am so deeply sorry I wasn’t more there for you and took you for granted. You are my sweet little angel. Please forgive me for not giving you all the love and attention all the time, because I always seemed too busy with other stuff. I am so sorry. I miss you. Please, please, forgive me. I am deeply sorry for not being there for you. I so hope you forgive me and we see each other again one day.

• Members

Hi

My gorgeous cat was put to sleep yesterday - 13 Feb and my heart is breaking. She was nearly 10 years old but was my little kitten. On Tuesday i was given the devastating news that she had feline lymphoma and nothing could be done for her. By Thursday she was having trouble walking, eating and simple things like scratching her ear. She nolonger miaowed - she made a little frog noise. We called the vets and made that awful appointment for Friday morning. Lili sat on my knee the whole of Thursday night - something she never did - it's like she knew. On Friday morning we had our last kisses. My husband took her to the vets -I couldn't do it. By the time I got home it was all over - but my heart was breaking - I still saw her scratch marks on the wall and found her toys behind the tv. I know I did what was best for my baby but that doesn't stop it hurting. I think I will hurt for a very long time - Lili will forever be in my heart ❤️

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss

I completely understand

I put my 7 year old cat shadow down 4 days ago and I'm still a mess, I can't seem to stop crying. I've made a photo album for him that I carry everywhere with me.

He sends me signs all the time that he's okay and he's still with me in spirit. I wish I had the right words to say to help you but myself was drawn to this site for the same reason as you.

Archived