Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i can feel that he is gone

datbitch

• Members

I'm not even sure.he is mostly indoor cat.except when he sneaks out..and that's only once every other day and even then he only stays on the porch,and as soon as he looks around one time he runs back inside cuz he fraidy cat. But he has been gone for 4 days now and he is my fatty baby,never missing a meal or treats. But I looked in the attic all around my neighborhood and no sign. He is also very talkative and I hear nothing. His brother,in whom has in the past months vowed to tear his bro limb from limb (but prior to that they slept basically on top of eachother) anyways,his brother has been acting really strange as of late as well...just different. I feel like he is gone cuz I have a gut wretched feeling. I wish I had closure.

• Members

Hello. I took my 14 year old baby to be seen today and ended up having made the hardest decision I've ever made, to end his suffering. When he looked into my eyes this morning I knew he was trying to tell me something, almost as if he were pleading through his eyes 'do something mom'. He had diabetes that caused some weight loss and muscle loss. The vet basically told me it was a matter of weeks before he would go into a crisis and die. I loved this little guy with all my heart and being home tonight without him is so very painful, I can't stop crying. My head tells me this was a blessing...to send my baby 'home' in peace, no suffering or tragedy other than what he lived with everyday. My heart is riped out, I guess I knew this was coming but I was NOT prepared for how hard this is. I miss him so much. I just wish I could have saved him somehow. I rescued him 12 years ago but never anticipated such heart wrenching pain in having to let go. Is there ever an easy way?

Archived