Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling hurt and sadned

Jayjay2015

• Members

I lost my 11 month old kitten ollie on the 26th October 2014 ... 3 days before his 1st birthday , he had lost his appetite and was having diarrhea , took him to the vets and they gave him antibiotics and said they were happy with him , this continued for about 10 days , back and forth to the vets and they said they would have to open him up and see what was causing the problem , maybe he had eaten something that he shouldn't have and it had lodged in his intestines ... During surgery my little boy took a heartattack and died ... When they opened him up they discovered that he had acute pancreatitis ....

I couldn't stop crying , I had lost my best friend .. I was in bed for 3 days couldn't believe I would never see him again ... I never even got a chance to say goodbye ... As I never thought for a minute he would die during surgery ,

After I started to come to terms with his loss , I started searching for another kitten to ease the pain and got another kitten called jaxson , jaxson is just 14 weeks old and is a happy wee chappy he's a ginger maincoon cross ragdoll/Persian ,

I had noticed that jaxson has had a red bottom and the other day I thought what looked like a pile on his bum , so I decided to take him to the vet just to have him checked over and was not given great news

The vet said he has rectal prolapse not very common in cats , he thinks he was born with it and it could result in death , there is a few different things that could help , steroid injections for life , structurs in his anus wall and if that fails full surgery will be required with only 60/40 success . I couldn't believe that he was telling me that my new baby may not survive this ,

I'm very saddened that I may have to go through all the hurt again, I'm glad that I have insurance for jaxson as it could be very costly , he is doing well and dosent seem to be in pain and just maybe he may survive .... Fingers crossed , I will do everything I need to for him

• Members
carolann12345

I am so sorry to hear JayJay about poor little Ollie. It is dreadful to lose a beloved pet and to have to face surgery for Jason it doubly tragic.. All you can do is do your best for him he will probably be fine in fact I am sure he will. My thoughts are with you.try and keep positive which I know is hard to do. Been there too many times.

• Members

I am so sorry to hear JayJay about poor little Ollie. It is dreadful to lose a beloved pet and to have to face surgery for Jason it doubly tragic.. All you can do is do your best for him he will probably be fine in fact I am sure he will. My thoughts are with you.try and keep positive which I know is hard to do. Been there too many times.

• Members

Thanks Carolanne , my wee jaxson seems to be ok at the minute , although I would say he's been a bit quieter since he was given steroid injection last week , just hope that he will survive this , I still cry sometimes for my other cat ollie as he was such a lovely boy ,

X

• Members

I lost my 11 month old kitten ollie on the 26th October 2014 ... 3 days before his 1st birthday , he had lost his appetite and was having diarrhea , took him to the vets and they gave him antibiotics and said they were happy with him , this continued for about 10 days , back and forth to the vets and they said they would have to open him up and see what was causing the problem , maybe he had eaten something that he shouldn't have and it had lodged in his intestines ... During surgery my little boy took a heartattack and died ... When they opened him up they discovered that he had acute pancreatitis ....

I couldn't stop crying , I had lost my best friend .. I was in bed for 3 days couldn't believe I would never see him again ... I never even got a chance to say goodbye ... As I never thought for a minute he would die during surgery ,

After I started to come to terms with his loss , I started searching for another kitten to ease the pain and got another kitten called jaxson , jaxson is just 14 weeks old and is a happy wee chappy he's a ginger maincoon cross ragdoll/Persian ,

I had noticed that jaxson has had a red bottom and the other day I thought what looked like a pile on his bum , so I decided to take him to the vet just to have him checked over and was not given great news

The vet said he has rectal prolapse not very common in cats , he thinks he was born with it and it could result in death , there is a few different things that could help , steroid injections for life , structurs in his anus wall and if that fails full surgery will be required with only 60/40 success . I couldn't believe that he was telling me that my new baby may not survive this ,

I'm very saddened that I may have to go through all the hurt again, I'm glad that I have insurance for jaxson as it could be very costly , he is doing well and dosent seem to be in pain and just maybe he may survive .... Fingers crossed , I will do everything I need to for him

post-402301-0-31628000-1422109226_thumb.

post-402301-0-10668700-1422109275_thumb.

post-402301-0-07867400-1422109306_thumb.

• Members
carolann12345

It is only natural you still cry for Ollie I still cry for the cats we have lost.. I pray that Jason will be fine but know you are doing your very very best for him and that you love him. Take care. Love and hugs to you and Jaxson from me and my babies Charlie and Harry who are present curled up sleeping on the bed.

Archived