Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm losing my mom... she is my best friend

nk79

• Members

Hello all.. My mom has been battling cancer for the past year. We received devastating news just before Christmas that there isn't much more that can be done. I am trying to be my mom's voice through this journey. I am having difficulty with her husband. We know that this beast is what will take her life... he just keeps pushing. I feel that he is being selfish wanting her to have surgery (which will leave her with no quality of life) just to keep her here physically. I want my mom here as much as anyone but I also can't justify making her suffer for the same result. I feel guilty.. like I'm giving up but at the same time I want what is best for her.

Is there ever a "right" answer? I feel like everything I think is wrong. I keep praying for guidance. I'm not ready to lose my mom! She is my best friend... the one I run to no matter what is happening in my life. Why is God doing this to her? It just isn't fair.

I am getting married in 6 weeks. How am I supposed to be happy whIle I am watching this monster take my mom? Please help.

• Members

I have just been through this. My father and I were caregivers to my mother. I totally felt the same way feeling guilty about feeling that they should go peacefully. It's not that you want her gone its that you don't want to see her suffer or see them with no quality of life. My mother didn't have much quality of live towards the end and it's heartbreaking. When finding out that someone has cancer everyone prays to healing and a cure but like in my case the praying for healing ended and it turned into praying for them to not suffer and to go as peacefully as possible. With my mother she didn't want us (her family) to stop living our lives. It's not wrong to be happy about other aspects of your life. I bet she would want you to enjoy and be happy about getting married.

Archived