Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My child has gone

wendybloom

• Members

Hi My daughter of 12 died in 2008 as time goes by its getting harder to cope with, im losing myself in depression and I cant remember who I am anymore. She died suddenly in a riding accident and since that date Ive felt i cannot breath properly. I feel so lonely in my grieving, my husband had left me just before she died and so I have nobody to really share my memories about her with. Her death was well publicised and was all over the papers and interent but once that was over nobody wanted to know everybody left and i felt alone. Even though i have good family ive cut myself off from them because their grief makes mine worse. I have lost my really good job. Not sure where to turn.

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.  I just wanted to suggest that you visit the "loss of a child" section of this forum.  There are many parents there who are going through the same thing you are going through and who offer wonderful support and comfort to each other.

DianeS

• Members

Wendy, try to find a grief support group in your area. Hospitals and churches have them. Also, try to find a grief counselor, even a member of the clergy can help you with immediate things.

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived