Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Toggie

islander34

• Members

My beautiful cat Tog was put to sleep this morning.  He had begun to slow down last Saturday even though he was 18 years old I just prayed he would pull through, unfortunately he got worse day by day and I could not put off the dreaded moment anymore.  Wrapping him up in blankets I made the familiar journey to the vet just hoping he would suddenly perk up and surprise us all and sit up and start protesting like he usually did when he had to travel by car.  Seeing him on the vets table he looked so forlorn and drained I knew in my heart I had made the right call, seeing him just sleeping and hardly eating is no life.  He went peacefully and I held his big proud head in my hands and passed my love on to him giving him a few kisses on the way.  We lost his brother last November and he never seemed the same after that, so now my heart is completely broken, the tears come so easy and I know I will never be the same again because the love they both gave was so innocent and without question.  I share my mourning along with all who have lost a lifelong friend. 

• Members

Thank You for sharing your experience it has been very comforting to know I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. I'm sorry to hear about both your babies, they truly impact every part of our lives in the best way possible. :) Last night I picked up Buttons' ashes which was incredibly hard. I had trouble figuring out what to do with her but today I think I have figured that out. Picked up a beautiful vase and flowers and put it right next to her along with a couple of her favourite toys. I love your comments about saying goodnight and good morning...I think I might include that in my routine!

I totally agree with you about the love they give is so innocent and without question. It really truly is and such a pure love. I too feel I will never be the same and feel like a piece of me just died with her and my heart just shattered in a 1000 pieces. I was a bit of a photo nut with Buttons and looking back on her photos I have definitely realized she truly was a happy loved cat. Didn't matter what she was doing she just seemed to be happy which gives me incredibly comfort that she had a good life. I quite sure that Tog and his brother also had a wonderful happy life too which means you were the best parent for them! Take comfort in knowing that you made them happy during this time of sadness.

Do you have any pictures of your 2 babies?

• Members

Thank You for sharing your experience it has been very comforting to know I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. I'm sorry to hear about both your babies, they truly impact every part of our lives in the best way possible. :) Last night I picked up Buttons' ashes which was incredibly hard. I had trouble figuring out what to do with her but today I think I have figured that out. Picked up a beautiful vase and flowers and put it right next to her along with a couple of her favourite toys. I love your comments about saying goodnight and good morning...I think I might include that in my routine!

I totally agree with you about the love they give is so innocent and without question. It really truly is and such a pure love. I too feel I will never be the same and feel like a piece of me just died with her and my heart just shattered in a 1000 pieces. I was a bit of a photo nut with Buttons and looking back on her photos I have definitely realized she truly was a happy loved cat. Didn't matter what she was doing she just seemed to be happy which gives me incredibly comfort that she had a good life. I quite sure that Tog and his brother also had a wonderful happy life too which means you were the best parent for them! Take comfort in knowing that you made them happy during this time of sadness.

Do you have any pictures of your 2 babies?

• Members

They are beautiful. I am new here, I lost my beloved Pixel on Monday, and have been really struggling. I am so sorry for the loss of Toggie, it helps to know others are feeling the same. Thanks for sharing your story. I haven't got Pixels ashes back yet, and I was really having a hard time wondering what to do we itch him. I love the idea of saying good morning and good night.

• Members

Hi coconutCat,  Hope you are coping with the pain of losing Pixel, its a very difficult time we love our little catties so much when they go they tear us apart.  I picked up Togs ashes on Saturday, now he is with his brother and I have two to say good morning / goodnight to.  I do feel a little more settled now he is in a way home again.  I wish you all the strength you need to help you through your loss.

• Members

I haven't been here in awhile but still think of Toggie. I hope you are coping all right. I have Pixels ashes here and talk to him daily, but it's been better. I have not been able to adopt another cat, I have just kept the two I already had. He meant so much to me. I volunteer at the local animal shelter now for him, I hope he has a legacy through me. I hope you are doing all right. They are special.

Archived