Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my Mother

canadakandyce

• Members
canadakandyce

I lost my Mom on August 4, 2007 to a stroke and a number of other complications, she was 66. I have been through 2 Christmas's and now 2 of her Birthdays. The days are going so fast now. I miss her everyday. I find myself singing her favorite songs and thinking about my childhood. I wish I could have given her grandchildren! I was 34 when I lost my best friend! Every weekend I bring my dog to the cemetary to bring flowers and go for a "reflection" walk. She was my hero, she taught me the importance of education, I just wish she was here to see me graduate with my Master's Degree. I thought it would get easier with time, it doesn't at all! Every day I think, "she is missing this, she isn't here for this, she doesn't see this". I miss her so much and my heart hurts every day. I moved into my parents home shortly after her death because my Father began having health problems. The drinking and depression is so much for me to bear, what do I do? I want to help my Father, but I also need to help myself, any answers? Thanks, Kandyce

• Members

Kandyce,

Congratulations on your degree.  From what I've learned (and what I believe) is that your mom is aware of everything going on in your life.  I'm sure she is proud!

My mom has been gone for a year.......I miss her more then anyone can imagine.  She was my hero as well.  She was a character and a larger than life personality. 

((hugs)) to you with dealing with your dad.  Life sure isn't always easy.

Stay strong......seems like the only thing we can do. 

J

• Members
canadakandyce

Thanks so much for your reply, it put a smile on my face and it helps hearing from others who are walking the same steps I am. It hard not beong able to call her everyday or meet her for a coffee like we used to do, but I know she's with me when I do those things alone. Thank you!  Kandyce

• Members

I'm glad it helped you a little bit.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.  I had a tough weekend getting through the one year anniversary.  It would help me to talk to someone going through it as well.

How is the weather in Canada? We've had a rough winter where I am.

J.

Archived