Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daughter and my dog...PLEASE advise...so lost

Khyris_Mommy

• Members
Khyris_Mommy

Hey everyone...long time no see...went on hiatus for the holidays....

After Khyri left, Jason got us a dog...so I would have a small thing to snuggle and so Khaily would have someone to play with....

Today, while Jason was doing laundry, Spencer (our dog) ran under his feet, and Jason stepped on him.  He seemed fine after, played with us, ate dinner, snuggled...after dinner Jason and Spence went outside as usual, and Spencer died on Jasons lap, appearantly of an internal bleed.

So now, in less than three months, Khaily has lost her sister and her dog, and we have lost our daughter and our dog.

What am I supposed to do?  How do I handle this with Khaily?  How do I handle this with Jason?  He is so guilt stricken that he is at the cemetery visiting Khy right now...which wouldnt be a big deal but it's after 1AM and freezing here in Idaho.  I'm so lost.  It's so hard to have to be the strong one through everything.  Please help...I'm hanging by a thread...

post-399061-0-21486000-1420531762_thumb.  Khaily and Spencer

post-399061-0-83934500-1420531793_thumb.  Khy Khy's sleeping place

• Members

Dear Khyris_mommy

Please hang in there through this really tough time.

Im not normally in this part of the forum i use the Loss of a partner section.

Please feel free to message me if you need to i check this forum a few times a day.

Please dont give up. hugs

Ritchie

• Members

I am so sorry for everything that you are going through.  There is no way to describe the pain that the death of a loved one can cause.  And the death of the family pet is only going to add insult to injury. I read one medical doctors experience, she tried to hold in her feelings after her mother’s death. “I did cry at first,” she says, “but soon I was suppressing my feelings—just as I would when I lost a patient. My health has suffered considerably, perhaps as a result. My advice to those who have lost a loved one is this: Let yourself grieve! Get it out of your system. It will relieve you.” 

Along with greiving, some(including myself) have found specific accounts in the Bible to bring very much comfort.

Archived