Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This is a weird kind of problem.

kelseygwynne

• Members

I'm kind of embarassed to put this here, but I don't feel comfortable talking about it to the people in my life. My dad died when I was 10. Ever since then, I have been drawn to adult men. Not in a sexual way, just like in a wistful way. I'm closer with my grandpa then grandma, prefer men teachers, things like that. One teacher I have I always find myself wishing he was my dad. I tell him things that I know will make him proud of me and I always find myself just getting upset that I don't have him as a dad. I'm a senior, and I'm so afraid he's going to forget about me after I graduate and just weird things like that. I know he doesn't think about me that much though and it makes me really sad. I know I sound perverted or like crazy, but I don't know why I keep thinking this stuff about like 40 year old men. How can I stop? Do I have serious problems?

• Members

I don't think you're weird or perverted,I just think that you are subconsciously looking for that male role model in your life.You missed out on so many years without a father figure,in a way,I think you are looking for a replacement for the dad you miss having.Everyone deals with the loss of a loved one differently,it changes who we are forever!Don't be so hard on yourself.

Archived