Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Dad

misseshim

• Members

My name is Alina i'm 17 and i have just lost my father on December 6th i've read a few of the messages posted on here and i'm hoping someone can help me. i have my friends and family but nobody seems to relate to how i feel i love them for trying but nothings seems to help anymore. i'm not able to cope w/ it as well as the rest of my family, my dad didn't pass suddenly i had to watch him get worse and worse i was there when he passed my siblings n mother were there too he had the people he loved most around him when he passed my house is just so empty now, i have a void that won't be filled it hurts so bad to live standing in the room where he took his last breath brings back memories that makes it hard to sleep at night and i don't know whats harder losing him or knowing it was going to happen i never really gave into the thought of letting him go i guess you can call it denial but i thought for sure he was going to get better i wanted him to, i needed him to and now that he's gone i just can't accept it i want to be with him its all i think about. Its not fair that he got taken away and i feel so much hate inside me towards the people that still have their dad, i want him back so bad i know its selfish but theres so many things i never got to do w/him i can't say i regret anything only miss the things i'll never get to do again. i need help if anyone can help me through this it would be greatly appreciated

sincerely,

Alina U.

• Members

Alina, i found that writing some things about my dad helped alot, it took me 8 year to put it all together but it helped me alot. Maybe you can get some ideas from what i wrote and maybe make your own project to your Dad and help you with some of your sadness. Go to rob-somethingaboutnothing.blogspot.com

Best of luck to you

Robbie

• Members

Alina, please know that everyone here understands.  We all have felt the pain.  Although each person's pain is a little different, for each of us it hurts a great deal.

I suspect that you are right, most others in your life probably don't know how much you hurt.  But if you want them to know, tell them.  You don't need to be angry with them for not seeing.  They hurt too.  And maybe others don't realize how much they hurt either.

If you can, find someone to cry with.  I can't imagine how tough it is for a girl your age to lose her Dad now.   You most likely feel various emotions, from sadness to anger.  This is perfectly normal.  Let the emotions rise.  Then let them go.

In time, you will find a way.  I guarantee it!  :-)

/*tom*/

Archived