Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my favorite cat, Nova

Lisaiz

• Members

Our cat Nova was 16 yrs old. The longest we had ever had a cat. We just found out this morning that she passed away overnight while being treated at the Vets. She was in there because she stopped eating/ drinking on Tuesday Dec 23rd. She had an ultrasound etc to see what the problem was and due to the holidays it took some time to have someone do the ultrasound and then someone else read the results. Anyway, long story short, the call we were hoping to get from the vet this morning telling us we could pick her up, turned out to be a call saying she had passed away overnight. I had not seen her since Tuesday morning. I feel horrible thinking she was by herself when she died, at the vets, where she hated going. As most animals do. They were closed since Christmas Eve day ( half day) and did not open again till today. I cannot imagine not having her sleep at the foot of my bed every night, or greet me at the door everyday after work. Geez. It really sucks. I can't stop crying. People don't understand how hard it is. Except anyone reading this as you have all gone through something similar. I'm very sorry for each and every one of your losses. I truly understand. I can't imagine a life without her right now.

• Members

Lisaiz,

I am very sorry about the loss of your precious Nova. I had Emmy for more than 15 years. In a similar situation, she wasn't eating right, so I took her to the vet., I was just expecting them to tell me she needed different food or something. Instead, they told me she had cancer. I was dumbfounded and devastated. I took her home, really not believing what they said. They suggested I put her down, but I couldn't. She died a very terrible death. I still feel guilty, and I miss her. It was a long time before I was able to even consider having another pet. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I had to put my cat of 12 years to sleep dec 27th he was having problems breathing was only using third of his lungs due to fluid . He was my baby I am devastated and can't stop crying and missing him I feel your pain

• Members

sorry, and sad also, my cat was a stray, he and I worked hard over month to trust each outher. Now before he disappeared he would give kisses , and was the best cat , he came to me right after coddy, 21 years old got sick. It was a warm night, and he kept going in and out , I finally told him to gust stay out, see my nerves are on edge , my dad took his life. But back to little Grayson, he never came home.i put up signs, talked to neighborhood, and went to the spca.

• Members

Lisaiz: I am so sorry for your loss and know how hard this is as I am going through the same thing now.  My very precious cat, Rizzo, has stomach cancer.  We have been fighting IBD for 2-3 years.  We had an ultrasound last September and another this Nov.  All of his vitals, tests and ultrasounds were fine.  I got him a 5 and he is now 13.  The vets said they could do a full thickness biopsy and then treat him.  This may or may not work and he would only live a few months more. Everyone can laugh but I have been using animal communicators for 17 years with my horse and then Rizzo.  The really good one got so expensive that I switched to a much cheaper one.  What a mistake.  The new one is accurate with yes/no questions but that's about it.  I talked to him with the first AC last Tuesday and was shocked ( I knew, but had hope) at the news.  He said he would be leaving in a few weeks, was at peace and did NOT want to ever see a vet again. My vet will come to the house when it is time. Except for being a little tired and having to try 10 or more food choices daily he looks almost the same as the beautiful cat that came to me 8years ago. He is not part of my family - he is my family.  I too have been thinking about all the things I will miss and can not think about life without him. The best thing for me and maybe for you is to keep talking about her and your loss.  It must have been awful to find out Nova had died without you.  You did your best and didn't know.  I am sure Nova felt your love and is watching over you now.

Archived