Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My boy Maximus

Bubbly

• Members

Hello everyone

I had to have my boy Maximus put to sleep after 15 of the most wonderful years. He became thin and withdrawn with laboured breathing and after a few trips to the vet they said he had fluid on his lungs causing an enlarged heart. At his age and with various other health issues I decided it was the right time. I'm sure we all share the same pain but I'm utterly devastated my heart has been ripped out and I'm in a silent world of pain and depression as many people say, get over it, stop taking about it! They don't understand my hurt I cry every day/night when I think I can hear him comming up the stairs. It is so hard to cope with. Right now I wonder if my pain will ever ease? It's horrible. I can't stop seeing my boy lay there, lifeless in that vet. I think it's stuck in my head forever.

Ive read many of the story's on this site and it's helped me a lot as so many of you have lossed your beloved pets, so thank you all for writing about them as I know my boy is not the only one.

post-400949-0-67931900-1419584465_thumb.

• Members

Hi Bubbly, I am so sorry for your loss, I too had to get Spike my 20 year old cat put to sleep yesterday, I know what you are going through, no one really understands the complete devastating effects the loss of a pet has on you, I am fed up of people saying, sorry to hear about Spike but he was only a cat. Spike was a big part of my life and family and my best friend. But people who have never experienced this kind of loss just don't understand. I have cried all day, I have no idea how I will get over him, you are obviously feeling the same, I can fully understand what you are saying and how you are feeling, but nothing I can say will make you feel any better. I can only hope that I have giving you a tiny bit of comfort knowing you are not alone. It's just so very painful, I can only hope that time will heal our hurt, and we can eventually think back to the good times with our little angels and remember them without feeling so sad. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you feel the need to talk to someone who fully understands your grief. Take care Bubbly and remember your feelings are normal don't let anyone tell you it's only a pet. As to us they were much much more xx

• Members

Aww I'm so sorry for your loss Bubbly. I just posted my own story about my beloved cat of 16 yrs. I totally cannot imagine her not being around my house. Every spot of my house has a story of her. It's late and I don't want to go to bed knowing she won't be jumping up to be there sleeping between my husband and I. I wNt to make sure I'm exhausted so I can hopefully fall asleep .....but I know I wont.

I very sorry for your loss. It does help a tiny bit being able to put it in words and know others who have gone through it, or are going through it, will read it and understand....completely. So, once again I'm sorry and you're not alone.

Archived