Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

STILL missing dad,

greentea

• Members

Hey everyone I'm brand new here, signed up after reading one or two posts and thinking it might help me.

I was 8 when my dad died in a car accident and am now 15. I was lucky in that I have a close knit loving famliy and in our tough time our friends gave us loads of support, but I still feel alone while I miss him a way I'm sure you're all familiar with. Like nothing could possibly heal me like it just isn't right that he didn't get enough time that I didn't get enough time wiht him.  But its been over 6 years and it's getting worse not better as I get into my mid teens.  I think my mom re-marrying has added to the hurt. I agreed to the marrige at the time but now I feel like my mom is betreying my REAL dad everytime I see them together. I don't see the new husband as a father figure AT ALL. I don't want to forget my dad, but I want to stop hurting, I can't hold onto this forever it hurts too much. I need to know is it possible to be okay with ym dad being gone, and how in the world can I make it okay. Or at least make self pretend it's okay. I've missed him for a long time, I just want the hole to close up so I can stop feeling like I need to leav ethe room when my mom or sisters talk about him.

please help me if you can, thank you.

• Members
stephysteph13

greentea, i understand. i lost my mom at the age of 16. even though im 19 now it still is hard for me  too, and im willing to help you :)

Archived