Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can you relate??

eirelassey

• Members

This holiday season I find myself reflecting on the past 5 years.I lost my Dad to alzheimers, I was part of a caregiving team with my mother and brother who both died recently after him. I dedicated 7 years to helping them and keeping him at home. I adored my Dad, but now that Iam in my 40's I feel as if I missed out on my life a bit. I am not married and have no children. My brothers and sisters were so busy with their own lives and kids that they did not have the time to help out. Needless to say how does one start again. I always wanted a home and family of my own, but I stepped up to the plate when I was needed. I have no regrets but I don't know how to start my own life . I am still considered attractive and I have tried to meet new people etcc...Has anyone else experienced this???I would appreciate any positive feedback.

Archived