Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Introduction

heartbroken54

• Members
heartbroken54

Hi

I lost my darling husband on the 26th September 2008 he had kidney cancer which had spread to brain,bones and lungs. He only lived for eight months after diagnosis he was so brave and never stopped fighting.

I miss him so much and feel so sad and lost, it feels like I am drowning in grief. Would like to talk to other people in my situation.

Thanks

• Members

I lost my husband on 11/20/07. He also had cancer. It was his second battle. He also fought it hard as he could. I am still trying to learn how to live without him. We were married for 35 years and they were good years. I have learned that it is one day at a time, somtimes one mintue at a time. i still look for him to come home from work and to be here in the mornings. They tell me it will get better, but i am not sure how long that takes.

• Members
heartbroken54

Hi

Thank you for your message, I was married to Steve for 37 years our three children are now all adults my two sons have children of their own my husband adored the grandchildren I have one daughter our youngest aged 29 and she will be moving to the north in the summer i will miss her so much.

We were just starting to have time on our own and had made plans for the future but sadly that wasn't to be and he died aged 55 I feel so sad and alone, friends and family try to help but unless you have gone through this it is impossible to know what its like.

Speak again soon

• Members

I also have 3 childern, 2 are married (gilrs) and my son is still at home(22 years old) We have 2 grandchildern, one is almost 3 and his sister is 3 months. She is named for her papa, Kennedy. My husbands name was Kenneth. I rad on your post on the other form that your husband had high calisum levels. Ken did too, twice. He got very confused esp. the 2nd time. I never knew that could be an issue. When he was in for the calisum levles the first time they found fluid on his lungs and drained 3 and half liters off and  left the drains in for a week. I feel what really got him down was an reaction to a chemo treatment about 2 weeks later and he almost died from that and then high levels again, tumor was on his sterom and was eating it and sending all that calsium into his system. sometimes the selfish part iof me wants him here with pain and all. I have read that it like losing and arm or leg. You feel like a part of you is missing. or like losing a peice of flesh. When you have been together so long you really be become  one and. So for rambling so.

• Members
heartbroken54

Hi

I have 2 grandchildren Daniel aged 7 And Maddie who is nearly three. Did your husband talk to you about dying, Steve never really did he was so positive that he would beat it. Due to his brain mets and high calcium levels he had periods of confusion and it was difficult for him talk. Towards the end he said to me I might have to go away soon and you cant come with me but I will wait for you in heaven, I am crying whilst typing but just needed to say it to someone Sorry if this message leaves you feeling down.

Sylvia

• Members

We never talked about it much. I took to the chemo dr on the 12th of nov in 2007 and before we went in I ask him if he still wanted to fight and he said HELL YES. i knew in my heart what they were going to tell us. When they told him they had done all they could do he asked for a feeding tube to build up his strenght to fight on. They gave him one on 13th and that was a blessing because we could give his pain meds thru it. They told me on the 16th that he had only hours maybe days and I brought him home for the last time. I think he finally knew on that sun. He told my girls to let him die , his heart hurt. We all then held him and told him we would be ok. He passed on the 20th a tues. I was at the funeral home with my kids and my sister and mom were with him. My sister was holding his hand and he just left. He had been drugged up and sleeping for 2 days. I wish that I would have been here, but they told me he would probably wait for to be gone and I am sure thats what happened. you dont bring me down, it helps to have somone to type to. Most everyone else thinks I should be over it  and dont want to talk about it or him.

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived