Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my brother & Sister

lostintears

• Members

I lost my brother six months ago.  Now I lost my sister.  I have not been able to deal with my brothers death.  Now my sister just pasted away.  How can something like this happen?  Why?  I want to know why?  They where both to young.  I feel like god has cheated my family.  I have never in my life felt this empty.

• Members

I'm sorry for you loss. Somethings we will never know why until the day we meet our maker and can ask, but by that time it won't matter because we will be together again.

If you don't mind me asking how did they die?

My sister was killed two and a half years ago by a hit and run driver. It took my family a month to find out who killed her. We found out that since we couldn't prove drugs or alcohol was involved it was only a misdemeanor. Since then my family has gotten the law changed so no one else in Montana will have to go through that. I know the loss is very hard to deal with and it just gets harder during the first couple of years. A lot of people tell you that it gets better with time but it doesn't it just begins to turn numb after a few years. The emptiness in my heart is still there and I still think about her every day.

I hope you are not hurting to bad and that some of your days are filled with joy and good memories.

• Members
lostintears

Sorry I didn't answer you.  I had surgery and was unable to type.  My brother died in an accident and my sister was given the wrong medication by her doctor and it killed her.  I think about them every day.  I'm so sorry about your sister.  That had to be so hard on your family.

You never know what the next day will hold.  I also just lost my neice in a road rage accident so was only 16.  It has been a very hard time for my family.  My neice had every thing going for her and because of some guy that had a fight with his wife took it out on an innocent girl.  And he didn't even stop.  But they did find him. 

I'm glad you e-mailed me.  If you ever want to chat please e-mail me at donandjudy@q.com

Judy

• Members

I am so so sorry for your loss of your brother and sister.

I lost my brother and cousin in motorcycle accidents the day after Thanksgiving 19 years ago. It was the most horrible, shocking event I have ever been through. 19 years ago doesn't change the hurt or loss you feel. He will be 50 in March.

They were on 2 separate bikes and a car came and witness

es saw the car run them off the road. No license plate was seen because it happened so fast.

I came up for air a year later. I was devastated. Depressed, couldn't and didn't want to go out and talk to anyone. Depressed, depressed......

My family keeps him alive through pictures, memorials, talking about he good memories, etc...and that I will NEVER EVER FORGET THIS HORRIBLE EVENT.

I have also realized that the most important thing is that when you are ready, his passing will incorporate itself into your life. It will come naturally. My life will never be the same, ever, ever! Your life will not either but time heals in the way that you are able to function better in life and do things that you used to do. when people say "you will get over it", ignore them. He is in my heart and soul and there isn't a day that goes by that I do not say a prayer for him. I strongly believe in heaven. I know they are both there.

I am lucky to have had such a wonderful , loving brother in my life for as long as I did and so are you to have a loving brother and sister in your life. They are in heaven, I believe.

Love an blessings to you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

giasmommy

I lost my brother six months ago. Now I lost my sister. I have not been able to deal with my brothers death. Now my sister just pasted away. How can something like this happen? Why? I want to know why? They where both to young. I feel like god has cheated my family. I have never in my life felt this empty.

• Members

I am so so sorry for your loss of your brother and sister.

I lost my brother and cousin in motorcycle accidents the day after Thanksgiving 19 years ago. It was the most horrible, shocking event I have ever been through. 19 years ago doesn't change the hurt or loss you feel. He will be 50 in March.

They were on 2 separate bikes and a car came and witness

es saw the car run them off the road. No license plate was seen because it happened so fast.

I came up for air a year later. I was devastated. Depressed, couldn't and didn't want to go out and talk to anyone. Depressed, depressed......

My family keeps him alive through pictures, memorials, talking about he good memories, etc...and that I will NEVER EVER FORGET THIS HORRIBLE EVENT.

I have also realized that the most important thing is that when you are ready, his passing will incorporate itself into your life. It will come naturally. My life will never be the same, ever, ever! Your life will not either but time heals in the way that you are able to function better in life and do things that you used to do. when people say "you will get over it", ignore them. He is in my heart and soul and there isn't a day that goes by that I do not say a prayer for him. I strongly believe in heaven. I know they are both there.

I am lucky to have had such a wonderful , loving brother in my life for as long as I did and so are you to have a loving brother and sister in your life. They are in heaven, I believe.

Love an blessings to you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

giasmommy

Archived