Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Christmas Traditions

Khyris_Mommy

• Members

I'm having a hard time today with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, not because of tomorrow but because after tomorrow all the Christmas starts.  She was here last Christmas. I've been thinking a lot about her stocking.  I don't know what to do with it.  I'm going to hang it with everyone else's, but I can't stare at it empty, and I can't stare at it full...anyone have thoughts on this?

• Members

My son died on December 12th. 2009. Almost five years ago. I know how hard this time of year can be. Why not buy a lovely Christmas ornament to hang on your tree or decorate your home with. Every year you can include this tradition and keep it going within your family. Thinking of you... and wishing you a holiday filled with loving and beautiful memories. Kate

• Members

Thanks Kate.  We have always done an ornament every year, she got her first last year, and this year I bought her one that is cute little zebra striped boots...zebra was always mine and her thing...and I think I'm going to get some of those clear ones and make some "Khyri" ornaments with pictures and stuff with my 4 year old so kind of a memorial Christmas craft...I'm just worried about her stocking...I'm dreading it...I've heard people say that they write their babies a letter every year and put in it, and I have a friend who still stuffs her sons and then just lets her other kids have it...I just don't know.  I'm worried that my angel baby will look down and feel left out watching her sister on that morning...I just dont know... </3

• Members

A letter is nice and maybe some nice pictures you have of her. If you get sad you can take them out and look at them. I find looking at pictures of Mandy helps me.

Archived