Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here

hulachrisinga

• Members
hulachrisinga

Hi, my name is Christine and I lost my 8 year old daughter Emma, February 23rd, 2014.  It has been a rough year for my family.  My husband is Navy and had to deploy two months after her death.  He is still currently deployed.  He had to leave the day before her 9th birthday.  Now I have to move to our new duty station, alone and meet him there.  I am in San Diego and moving to Honolulu.  I don't know many people in San Diego so I have felt so alone.  The few other navy wives I have met seem to avoid me.  I think its because they don't know what to say.  Anyone I bring up my daughter to changes the subject quickly and all I want to do is talk about her to someone.  She was such a beautiful little girl.  So happy and always smiling and I want to share that with the world.  I think it makes people uncomfortable though.

So I guess I am just looking for others, like me, who want to talk.  Who want someone to share with and who understand that there isn't any right things to say but just saying something helps.  I feel so isolated and alone.  I couldn't even bury my daughter because we move so often and I didn't want to leave her somewhere.  

So to anyone here that is like me, feeling alone and just wanting someone to share the wonderful memories of their child with someone, please let me know.  I would love to have someone to talk with.  And to all of you who have the misfortune of losing a child, I am sorry.

Christine

• Members

Hi Christine,

Please join us on the loss of an adult child forum.it is a very active and supportive site for those who have lost a child of any age.

• Members

Hi Christine.  My biggest problem when I started on here (its only been a couple weeks) was that I didn't know if I was going to find anyone to talk to..so I just wanna reach out...I'm on here at least once a day, and I will talk to you...or if it's easier to talk privately you can find me on facebook (Sky Buck) or let me know and I'll give u my email address..I have found a couple people in the world who are easier to talk to than others and some conversations you just wnat private, so know that the option is there.  I am so sorry about your little girl.  None of us should have to go through what we've been through.  I don't like re-typing my story all the time, i find it depressing to constantly relive the details, but if you'd like my blog is http://angelbabykhy@blogspot.com  I also recommend starting a blog to EVERYONE.  These forums are great for talking to people and getting it out, but a blog is like a diary for the times when you jsut dont want anyone to talk to back....gets it all out, and will be there forever.  Just a thought. 

• Members

Dear Christine and Khyris Mom,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are and will-be experiencing.

The loneliness is a big part of the beginning. You are thrust into a new life without your children. That is a hard pill to swallow. This is new territory and we have to learn to "walk" again in this new life.

Be kind to yourself. Cry when you want to cry. It is ok to laugh and smile too. You are not dis-honoring your child by being happy.

I hope to help you understand this grief journey.

Colleen, Brians Mom forever

R.I.P. Brian Jackson is my sons Facebook site.

Archived