Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I am grieving the lost of my baby girl Abigail (Boxer/StaffyX)

muteca

• Members

...this is the first time I have ever used a forum but I feel I need support and unfortunately, I have not been able find a support group for pet parents who are grieving the loss of their children with fur in Wellington - New Zealand, so here I am...

My geriatric toddler, Abigail passed away Sunday 9 November 2014 - 13 days shy of her 14th birthday.  It was expected, my baby girl had cancer, however she did not have any pain until the last 5 days of her life.  She died at home at 7.38am - collapsing on the floor, I held her beautiful head, stroked her face and said it was ok to go...she died in my arms.  I cleaned her up, washed and dried her and then cocooned her in her favourite duvet.  My son and I then took her to our vet so that she can be cremated.  I will be picking up her ashes on Friday.

I have loved Abigail for all of her life, and I will continue to love her for the rest of mine...I am going to have a memorial for later next and at this stage I am just going to keep her at home for now - I honestly can't  think passed that.

My heart is broken and my family is fractured and while I will never get over loosing her, I hope that in time I will move past the pain... Thanks for reading

• Members

I feel your pain as I just lost my 5yr old baby girl yesterday. She also had cancer and I knew how long she had left. When her health declined, we took her in so she could die peacefully.

It hurts so much it feels like the amount of pain is too much for one person to bear.

I just want you to know that you're not alone and that one day we can think about our babies without breaking down.

Veronika

• Members

To both of U girls.. I fully understand what You are going through.. It's hard to believe that they are gone.. And it seems impossible to live without them.. You are not alone in your pain..

Monika

Archived