Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mum

cb92

• Members

My mum lost her 3 year long battle with breast cancer on 30th December 2014. She was my best friend, I could talk to her about anything and everything. Although we were prepared for her passing, it still does not feel real. I am always half expecting that she will walk through the door and give me a hug and ask me how my day was. I have never lost anyone close to me before and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to handle it or what I should be doing. Every day something happens that I want to tell her about. What can I do to try to get past this? I am supposed to be going back to work tomorrow after having 2 weeks off but I don't even know if I'm ready for that. I am just looking for answers. A way that I can keep moving on with my life without feeling torn and in pain every single second of the day.

• Members

Hi cb

I am so sorry for your loss.  I don't think we are ever ready for the loss of a loved one.  It is always too soon.  Grief is a tough one and there is no right or wrong way to grieve, and there are no time limits.  Although time is a healer and the pain does start to lift slowing over time.  I think we eventually learn how to live without that person not in our physical life and become closer to them spiritually (in our heart).  I am still grieving the loss of my parents but the crying spells are still frequent and less intenence.  They don't last as long because I am able to shift my thinking and feelings from sadness to feelings of gratefulness in having them as parents.

I hope this helps

take care

Cindy Jane

Archived