Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Surving guilt of loss of brother in car crash

Tinabellaxo

• Members

Hi i dont no how to start this but my story is this....i have trumedous guilt when it comes to my brothers death (dec 5 2005) i had been driving an hit black ice lost controle of the car an got knocked out when i woke up i had no idea what had happen..... Fast foward to today im stuck my life stoped that day an never started again i have no friends anymore i icolate but i want to live again but this guilt stops me and i hate myself for what i feel i did can someone help me please i dont want to feel broken anymore

• Members

Tinabellaxo,

I am very sorry for your loss and the obvious trauma you have suffered. The guilt is perfectly normal, although at some point you will have to learn to forgive yourself and go on. You may want to consider either professional help or join a self help support group where you can talk about the devastating guilt you suffer. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and you were a victim in the situation, too.

Another thing you can do is journal (or write) about how you feel. That will help too. Tell the whole story. Try writing a letter to your brother and tell him everything you've wanted to say about this whole horrible tragedy. That may help more than you think possible.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I feel, since I blamed myself for a sibling death, the first step is to realize, "It's not your fault!". Life is only one step of wrong or right after another. The next is to be very sure, "That person is in a better place." I have lost many, many people I loved more than I could express. I know pain. Just recently, I learned now that WE don't control it. Nor should we let it guilt us. My first guilt, was my daddy. I was told, by siblings, that I was the reason, my whole life, that I'm why he killed himself. All I'm going to share, but I DO understand!

Archived