Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a mother/grandmother

countrybelle

• Members

This week it will be 5 years since my world changed completely. My grandmother who raised me died and always around this time I fight a depression severely. She was my mother and support and connection to my relatives. There are most days when I am jealous of her being dead, and wish that I would just evaporate into my bed. Can anyone else relate?  I am thankful for my life, however being an orphan is hard sometimes. I miss her and my mom terribly. I find Christmas often the most painful time of the year. If you pray please pray for me however God leads. I am trying to go back to school also.

• Members

I feel your pain,yes,sometimes I think our loved ones who have passed away have it easier than us-the ones left behind.We are the ones who have to face every sad day without them,it's like a living hell.This will be my first Christmas without my mom,and I feel very depressed and lonely without her,especially with everyone at work talking about family,the holidays etc..I feel like I'm dying inside.I can't wait for the holidays to be over,but than again I still have to face every day without my mom,forever!I will keep you in my prayers.

Archived