Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost_in_mi

• Members

My mom just died a week ago and we burried her Wednesday.I dont understand why nor am I sure how to cope. I'm 25 but am also a recovering alcoholic and I feel as if maybe that one drink will help take the edge off. My mom was my rock, she held me when I was sad and never left me alone when I needed her, she was truly the mom she didnt have to be. See my mom got me when I was 3 due to my bio being reckless and harming my brother and sister and I, my mom took me in and raised me until I was 13. I was adopted out but she was always my mom and when things didnt work out with my new family she told me I always had a home with her. Now she is gone and I'm alone and feel so lost. I really dont know who to talk to and just want to join my mom in the sky...

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your mom sounds like an amazing woman with a HUGE heart.  I believe that people come into our lives for specific reasons and we are truly blessed in that.  This leads me to believe also that we do the best that we can to honour those people and be the best people we can be.  Since my mom passed on, my goal has been to work on having some of the qualities that she had.  Being the loving, kind and caring person that she was.  I get comfort in knowing that one day we will be reunited again in a much better place when it is my time to leave this world.  Until then I am going to miss her like crazy and will do my best to be the person that she wanted me to be.  

Cindy Jane

Archived