Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Little Brother

AJID

• Members

Never really speak about it openly since I really have no one but my little brother was killed by a drunk driver 8 months ago. I don't know what to do anymore. He was always making me smile, I want to see him and talk to him. When it happened, I felt my whole life crumble in front of my face. Every vision I had in life, he was there. I am not really worried about happiness anymore, but I do have to live with this pain forever. How do I did it? It hurts to know I will never see him again. It's driving me crazy!!!!

Plus, I am still in college, and now I have no aim, no direction. He was always guiding me. I hate this. I want him back!! I feel like people don't like being around me either because I have become so negative about life. I haven't really had many friends in the past few years, so that doesn't help. I am a lonely lost mess without him and I just really really miss him!! I need guidance, someone tell me what I should do. I have even considered dropping college.

• Members

AJID,

I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. You truly need to talk to someone about how you feel. Talking helps you to heal (I know it may seem impossible to believe), and helps you to process all the feelings you are experiencing. Please consider going to a counselor at school, a grief or depression group in your community, a pastor, a teacher or your parents and just talk.

Dropping out of college is something that will negatively impact your life, and would your brother want you to do that? What would you say to him if he was in your shoes?

Have you tried writing letters to your brother? That is a very good way to get some of your confusion, hurt and pain out. Lots of people find it comforting and healing.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived