Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Good bye Missy

mark rush

• Members

8 years ago I lost my mother.10 months after I lost my mother and my grandmother died of a broken heart from losing her daughter. A year after that I lost my father. 2 years after that I lost my grandfather. I was going through a compound mourning which was very hard. My furry little cat friend Missy got me through some real real tough times. Missy always sensed that I was upset and always stayed by my side showing me so much unconditional love. She alone kept me from doing the unthinkable. I couldn't cope. I was heartbroken.

Last night I had to put her down. She had a tumor in her intestines. It was the saddest time I've had in a long time. She had 13 great years on this planet and was truly loved and showed love right back. The only comfort I have is knowing she is in no more pain  and I know right now my mom has her on her lap giving her chin a long scratching like I used to do. I still have another cat and a dog who thankfully are healthy. Its almost like I want to die before them cause going through this 2 more times is gonna really hurt. Missy we all love you and well see you some other time.

• Members
craig-Ireland

Sorry for your loss mark rush. I lost my little buddy just 2 days ago, Wednesday 1st October 2014 17.10. He got Hepatitis and it just overwhelmed him in very little time and he wasn't responding to any drugs we tried. I got Felic when I was living in Barcelona and he just brought such a warmth to my life. It was only me and him there so we were like our own little family. Then when the contracts for work dried up, there was no question about it.. Felic was coming home to Ireland with me; even though it was a hard process to get him cleared to come to Ireland. He then lived at home in my parents place and for 5 years, he enjoyed the garden watching the birds, being a part of the family. Like that, he seemed to just have a sense of knowing if anyone was ill and he would snuggle up in the bed next to them as if saying he was there to take care of us. Same thing if I ever felt down or sad about anything. He would just snuggle with u in the bed and not leave you till u felt better. 

Just can't believe he's not going to be around anymore and that Ill never see him again. My heart is just broken and its as though I keep waiting to wake up and this to be just a big nightmare. So while Im hurting a lot and life just won't be the same without him, it is a comfort to read what everyone is saying on here and sharing their experiences. I absolutely loved that little guy and he was more like my child than a pet. He was a Persian crossed with a Siamese so he was a long haired cream/brown in colour, big fat fella with bright blue eyes and he just had the most placid personality. Everyone loved him and we're all just gutted over him. We're having him cremated and that will take a few weeks but Ill make a nice grave for him back home in the garden. He'll never be forgotten and I told him as he was slipping away that I loved him, that he was to wait for me and mind me when my time came, and then he was gone. 2 days solid of crying now and he just comes into my mind all the time. 

Archived