Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I ran over my beautiful baby kitten

NattyK

• Members

It hurts so bad. Hubby and I were in a hurry and jumped in truck and took off. My kitties have always ran when I started the truck, but I guess this time, Yellow Kitty must've stayed on the truck. I had barely started down the street when I heard a horrible thunk and knew instantly what happened. I could see him writhing about in the street but he was gone by the time my hubby jumped out and picked him up. He wasn't even 5 months old. I found him and his baby sister abandoned when they were about 3 weeks old. So I bottle fed them both and we were just so attached. He was so very loving and beautiful. He was yellow and white and he had a white heart around his little face. He loved to be petted and his sister doesn't. I'm just so mad at myself for not trying to find them before I took off. He and his sister, Trio, have been inseparable ... Trio is still eating and playing a little, but it seems like she mainly just stares at me like, “Where's Yellow?" I miss him so much and I just can't even do anything but mentally re live the terrible moments when I lost my precious Yellow sunshine forever.

Archived